[rt-users] Fuzzy Subjects

Tobias Brox tobiasb at tobiasb.funcom.com
Fri Mar 24 03:59:19 EST 2000

> I've been planning to make a number of customizations etc. to RT (v1.0) to
> tailor to our needs. At the moment though I'm too damn busy, but here's one
> priority on my wishlist...

I think it would be nice if you could postpone adding features until 1.3
is out.  It would be "any moment", I'd daresay.  1.3 should be possible to
use for those who have the guts for it (including me), but it misses quite
a lot of handy features like an ACL system and an admin interface, and
it's not properly tested.

> One problem I've encountered with both req, and RT is that the system starts to
> break down when you encounter another tracking system. Specifically, InterNIC
> assign tracking numbers to everything and autoreplys, ([NIC #123456-7890a]) etc.
> so everytime RT receives autoreplies, it sets up a new ticket.

Complain to InterNIC.  As a de-facto standard (defined in the Bat book
AFAIK), all autoreplies should contain a header line like "Precedence:
Bulk" or "Precedence: Junk".  I'm not sure if the latter variant is
supported by RT as for now, but RT will silently ignore all Bulk mail.

> I know Jesse mentioned it as being part of the eventual developement plan, any
> thoughts on if/how it'll be done.

I don't know if fuzzy subject handling is on the scheme, but we do want to
respect the "In-Reply-To" and/or "References" headers.

--
Tobias Brox (alias TobiX) - +4722925871 - _urgent_ emails to
sms at tobiasb.funcom.com.  Check our upcoming MMORPG at