[rt-users] Re: can't stop creating new tickets!

Tobias Brox tobiasb at tobiasb.funcom.com
Wed Mar 29 15:21:10 EST 2000

One "known bug" is that  1.0.x can't handle MIME-encoded headers.  You
should check if the plain text that is delievered to RT looks nice.
MIME-encoded headers typically appear when somebody tries using eight bit
characters in the headers.  According to the RFCs, eight bit
characters are not allowed in the headers, and there aren't any way to
tell what charset they should be in anyway.  But I find it very unlikely
all your subject lines should be garbled ... unless your tag contains
eight bit characters?

I'm also uncertain if the instance tag can contain special characters,
i.e. blanks.  I don't think so.

It's also a third possibility, if the tag is extremely long, the subject
line might wrap.  While the latest CVS version supports wrapped header
lines, I don't think the last release does.

What is your site tag?  I'd recommend only some few characters (like
fsck).  We use "FunSupport", and I think it's a bit too long.

--
Tobias Brox (alias TobiX) - +4722925871 - _urgent_ emails to
sms at tobiasb.funcom.com.  Check our upcoming MMORPG at