[rt-users] Unwieldy users list...

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Mon May 1 17:56:14 EDT 2000

On Mon, May 01, 2000 at 02:31:01PM -0700, Eric Goodman wrote:
> One possibility would be two drop downs, one where you select the
> user name, the other where you select the access rights, and a button
> to assign the selected rights. (Pro: takes very little screen space;
> Con: requires separate action for each user)

What we'll probably end up doing is seperating out the ACL managment system
and allowing to restrict the set of ACLs displayed with a filter.  The whole
thing's been gutted.

> On a related note (to manageability of users), I'd be interested in
> some sort of external authentication API (to allow authentication
> separate from username/passwords in the rt database).

I'll ponder this.  Do people who want an external authentication mechanism
want it in addition to rt internal authentication or instead of it?
Additionally, will _all_ users use the external mechanism or only some users?

	jesse