[rt-users] Re: external auth

Jim Rowan jmr at computing.com
Tue May 2 14:19:16 EDT 2000

jesse> I'll ponder this.  Do people who want an external authentication
jesse> mechanism want it in addition to rt internal authentication or instead
jesse> of it?  Additionally, will _all_ users use the external mechanism or
jesse> only some users?

I have two installations (in two places), both would benefit from external
authentication.

One installation would strongly prefer all users to use the external
system.

The other installation could live with all users external, but it would be
slightly easier to have a mixture.  If the mixture option is harder, we'd
gladly forgo that for the capability to do external auth.