[rt-users] Seperate Queues

Tobias Brox tobiasb at tobiasb.funcom.com
Wed May 3 12:14:10 EDT 2000

> Hello, I was wanting to make a suggestion, although it appears that v2
> is well under way. Another web based helpdesk package I used allowed you
> to set up seperate "Projects".

...hmmm....are you thinking on having a 1:n relationship between Projects
and queues, and then grant access to a project rather than to queues?

I think the thought of having hierarchical queues have occured to me once,
but we have no plans of implementing this.

Maybe the suggestion about Grouping people, and then beeing able to
remove/add rights to all members of a Group at once might help?  I think
it will be pretty simple to add this feature, so it will definitively come
- but probably after 2.0.

> This would allow different departments to
> have their own databases and their own queue listings, etc..

Maybe what you really want is to have separate instances of RT?  It's not
likely to be fully implemented before after 2.0, but we do have plans to
allow different RT instances to "speak" with each other.

> It also
> allowed each user to have his/her own preferences for viewing the queue.

For 1.0 I've always recommended bookmarks (or a page with links) for this
purpose.  We did have plans about having an advanced system in 2.0, but I
guess it will be postponed until a later release.

--
Tobias Brox
aka TobiX