[rt-users] html is request subjects breaking webrt.cgi, and a queestion

Darren Nickerson darren at catchword.com
Tue May 16 18:13:01 EDT 2000

Thanks for the reply Jesse!

  Jesse> On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 10:45:40PM +0100, Darren Nickerson wrote:

  +> Nothing. Hmmmm. Okay, I'll let the "broken pages dues to html in subject"
  +> slide. But the second issue I'd like to try once more on.

  +> The web interface seems to only allow me to view the entire queue. The
  +> resulting table is so big it hammers netscape. Essentially, the web
  +> interface becomes useless.

  Jesse> You _can_ apply ohter filters.

Ermph, you mean with the existing toolset? Status is open for all of these
requests, only one queue, for picking requests we are interested in ones which
are not owned, requestor = any. Still MASSIVE numbers.

  +> Is it not possible to view only (for instance) the last 100 requests? Has
  +> nobody implemented anything like this? I must be way behind the hardware
  +> curve if you can use this on a large queue in anything approaching
  +> realtime.

  Jesse> Generally, at sites I've been at, if you have more than 100 open
  Jesse> tickets in a single queue and can't filter on owner, it's time to
  Jesse> split the queue for administrative reasons greater than "RT can't
  Jesse> deal"

This is for a massively overloaded support line for a free service. We do what
we can, when we can. Every once in awhile I'll resolve a few hundred, as will
my colleagues.

  Jesse> A page-by-page viewer has been hacked together by various people at
  Jesse> various times, though I've never used one. 2.0 will have something
  Jesse> like this.

Since rtq itself does not even have a `-limit 100` type of option, this looks
like pretty hard work. Damn, wish I had thought this through a bit better, the
ReqNG WWW interface had this (IMHO essential) feature, and I just took it for
granted that so would webrt.cgi. My upgrade has completely crippled my support
line! :-(

-Darren