[rt-users] Can't get mail responses working

Tauren Mills tauren at servlets.net
Wed May 17 15:40:18 EDT 2000

Thanks for the help!

> As far as I know, but I could be wrong, you also should have a
> /etc/aliases
> entry
> support-rt-action:	|"/home/rt/rt-1.0.2/bin/rt-mailgate Support action"

I actually did have that as well, but it turns out that it was not the
problem.  Since it was completely mail server related and not RT related, I
won't go into details.  I made the new RT system go live today, so I now
have these entries:

support:        |"/home/rt/rt-1.0.2/bin/stripmime.pl Support correspond"
support-action: |"/home/rt/rt-1.0.2/bin/rt-mailgate Support action"

What exactly is support-action used for?  Does the system need it to be
there if you only use the web interface?  Is it only used if we want to send
commands to the system via email?

> What may also be a problem, is that your queue is called
> support-rt , but the
> mailgate argument is Support. The uppercase S may screw things up...

The capital "S" doesn't seem to screw things up.  I made it a capital on
purpose because I was trying to get some modifications to work.  I still
haven't found a good solution, so maybe someone else has an idea.  Here's
what I need to do:

I have 3 queues:  support at servlets.net, sales at servlets.net,
billing at servlets.net

I've named these:  Support, Sales, Billing

When any of our engineers responds to a request, we want the from address to
NOT include their personal name and address.  The From: header should be one
of these:

	Servlets.Net Support <support at servlets.net>
	Servlets.Net Sales <sales at servlets.net>
	Servlets.Net Billing <billing at servlets.net>

To accomplish this, every queue member has a name of "Servlets.Net" instead
of their real name.  I then modified the lib/rt/support/mail.pm file so that
the From: header looks like this: