[rt-users] Spell checker

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Wed May 17 16:35:33 EDT 2000

Tauren Mills wrote:

> Does anyone know of an ActiveX, Java, or Javascript spell checker?  I'd like
> to modify the response HTML to force a spell check of the text being sent to
> the customer before the response is sent.  I'm thinking it would be easiest
> to accomplish this by having a little Javascript do some checks before the
> form is submitted.  The textarea contents could be passed to an ActiveX or
> Java control (or maybe even a bloated Javascript command) that would pop up
> a spell check window prior to sending.

You'd possibly be better hacking the scripts to pass the response
through one of the command line spell checking tools such as
ispell or aspell.  Haven't looked at the code, so not sure how hard it
would be to add a new POST action to the scripts, but it may be an
easy hack, and could be an easy alternative to client-side spell checking.

--
Anil Madhavapeddy, <anil at recoil.org>