[rt-users] Translation

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Wed May 24 12:03:05 EDT 2000

Jesse wrote:
> Someone who has the time and the interest really needs to look
> into what we need to do in order to build a translation framework for RT2.
> Tobias and I have poked at a few things and are trying to desing RT2
> to not make translation impossible.  But the sooner someone starts
> on building the translation framework, the better.

I'd say GNU gettext is your friend for this:

Have a look at the perl bindings for it on CPAN:
http://search.cpan.org/doc/PVANDRY/gettext-1.01/README

All it really involves is wrapping all of your text calls
with a gettext(),

so instead of

print "Please enter your username and password\n";

you would have

print gettext("Please enter your username and password")."\n";

More details in that URL.

--
Anil Madhavapeddy, <anil at recoil.org>