[rt-users] Quiet around RT 2

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Mon Nov 27 14:19:25 EST 2000

On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 12:51:35PM +0100, Martin Schapendonk wrote:

> Is there already more info on the release date of RT2? Jesse mentioned
> that the db-scheme is fixed and announced a pre-alfa-test-version, but
> I'm curious to know where we are standing right now.

Like much opensource software, RT isn't tied to a particular corporation's
business plan.  We've set a basic set of features for the 2.0 release.
When we get those features implemented and stable, we'll roll the release.
I think we're getting very close to the criteria set up for
Alpha 2 in http://www.fsck.com/projects/rt/status.html.

> Are we weeks, months or years away from the final release of RT2, or am
> I asking the impossible?

We're months from 2.0.0.  Not _many_ months from release, but it's more than
a couple of weeks off.