[rt-users] Re-Assigning a Ticket

Feargal Reilly feargal at thecia.ie
Tue Oct 10 15:15:26 EDT 2000

> Hello All,
>
> I am trying to re-assign a ticket
> and it says that I must steal the
> ticket first.

To give a ticket to somebody it must either be yours, or unassigned.
So first steal the ticket, so that it's yours, and then reassign it.
Messy, but that's how it works at present.

> I am admin of the queue. How do
> I re-assign the Owner of a Ticket?
>
> Also,  I want owner's to be only
> technical staff not the requester,
Normally the owner is not the requestor. If it is, then somebody is setting it
that way, and you've some policy implementation required, methinks.

> and I want us to assign the ticket
> not the end-user. Is there any way
> to set this.
At present, no, the code should be hackable so that the 'Give to' option on
the request form is either not displayed, or does nothing. Remind me, and I'll
look at the code when I've time.

On a general note,
What's the status with RT2?
I know the alpha was realeased just before I went on holidays, so I haven't
gotten to play with it yet.
I believe it includes an Oracle port, and that PostgreSQL support is just
around the overdue corner, but I've been off-list.

Jesse, and updates?

-Feargal.

--
Feargal Reilly,