[rt-users] Can't locate object method new

Jill Lundquist jill at chezns.org
Thu Oct 12 19:33:46 EDT 2000

Hello, RT users!

While installing RT, I ran into a problem that was in the archives, but
with no solution.  Since I have just figured out what the problem was,
I thought I'd quote a three-week-old message and tell how I fixed it.
It's not often one gets to offer a solution in one's first posting to a
mailing list.

>Hi, I have one problem
>
>I have the version 1.34 RT.
>And Im using a Linux RedHat Kernel 2.2.16
>And Perl 5 subversion 3
>Apache 1.3.12
>my rt is installed in: /opt/rt/
>
>im acess the script in browser and in the error_log im view the problem:
>
>> Can't locate object method "new" via package "Digest::MD5" at
>> /opt/rt/lib/rt/ui/web/auth.pm line 36, <DATA> chunk 64.
>> [Thu Sep 21 23:42:12 2000] [error] [client 200.183.51.84] Premature =
>end of
>> script headers: /home/villenet/cgi-bin/webrt.cgi
>
>Im installing the Digest:MD5 version 1.5, what repend? please help-me
>

>Thanks
>Marcio

I had exactly the same problem turn up in my error_log.  It turned out
that I had not installed the perl module Digest-MD5; instead I had
installed Digest-Perl-MD5.

Once I uninstalled Digest-Perl-MD5 and installed Digest-MD5, it started
to work.

Marcio, this might be too late to help, but maybe someone else will read
it some day.

Jill Lundquist		                     jill at chezns.org
  O, wonder!  How many goodly creatures are there here!
  How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world, that has such people in't!