[rt-users] small style requests

Grant Miller grant at pico.apple.com
Mon Sep 25 14:31:20 EDT 2000

> 2) One dance that I find myself doing frequently from the queue display
> page is:
> set display filters (status, queue, subject, etc.)
> update queue filters
> view a single ticket
> return to the queue
>
> When I get to this point, my carefully set queue filters are gone, and I
> have to reset them. I'd like for my filters to stay between viewings of
> the queue. Is this perhaps something planned for The Next Big Thing?

I've gotten around this problem:

I set up my queue filters in one instance of Netscape.

Whenever I want to view a ticket, look at all the tickets, etc, I use the
middle mouse button [1] to open up a new copy of netscape so I still have the
original window with all my queue filters.  Yea, it's kinda messy, but it
works.

-Grant Miller    grant at pico.apple.com

 Unix Systems Admin, Engineering Compute Services

[1] In Solaris with the Sun mice, the middle mouse button invokes a new
netscape window.  The "Open link in new window" function is probably
different for whatever OS you are using.