[rt-users] FreeBSD

Ashby Gochenour rt at noc.ntelos.net
Mon Apr 9 11:04:39 EDT 2001

Hello Othmar and all,
Thank you guys for the hint to gmake. Using that, I was able to compile
RT.

> *hmm* why? would be interesting ..

We decided to use FreeBSD as the OS of the department server.
It was a choice between debian and freebsd. Both are wonderful OS's.
The ticketing system has been running on my desktop (I use
debian).

I've been very satisfied with RT on the debian machine.

> you are probably running bsd make, install gmake (gnu make) and
> run gmake instead ...

Thanks, that did the trick. I did a 'gmake install' and it looks like
things compiled, though I now have another problem.

chmod 0755 /usr/local/rt/bin/rtmux.pl
chmod 4111 /usr/local/rt/bin/suid_wrapper
Congratulations. RT has been installed.
(Now, create a queue, add some users and start resolving requests)
noc#

When I go to localhost/cgi-bin/webrt.cgi

I get a page not found.

How can I go about figuring out what may have gone wrong?
Is there a path that I missed in the config to my htdocs?

Any info appriciated!

Thanks,

Ashby