[rt-users] Apache/Mason install notes

Martin Hemmings mhemmings at trakonic.com
Thu Aug 9 13:29:44 EDT 2001

Ok.. sorry for all the posts, I like hearing other people's ideas before
making changes to stuff in case I'm doing things wrong.

I have finally gotten everything to work after almost 3 days of work. I had
a virtual host with a seperate IP configured on the server which got me the
RT interface up and running but still had messed up images and links.  I
finally got rid of the virtual hosts and just went with an alias to make
things simpler.

Here's my new config options from httpd.conf

Alias /rt2 "/usr/local/rt2/WebRT/html"
#  RT2 config
PerlModule Apache::DBI
<Location /rt2>
 PerlRequire /usr/local/rt2/bin/webmux.pl
 SetHandler perl-script
 PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Location>

and from config.pm

$WebPath = "/rt2";
$WebBaseURL = "http://192.168.10.1:80";

Now I can access RT2 from http://192.168.10.1/rt2 perfectly.  Thanks for the
help everyone, now I'm off to begin user configuration.

Martin