[rt-users] Apache/Mason install notes

Trevor Sky Garside rt-list at trevorsky.com
Thu Aug 9 17:35:38 EDT 2001

I have found that apache is much more resource-hungry when it is running RT
(having Mason and the like loaded up in each running instance I'm sure has
something to do with that).

The way I got around having these resource-hogging httpd's running all my
webpages was simply to run apache on a different port for RT.  So, I keep
two seperate config files, I setup a virtualhost called rt.domain.com and it
redirects the user to rt.domain.com:88/rt2/ -- works great.  This way, I
don't have all the RT stuff in my virtualhosting httpd and it also makes it
really easy to move it off to its own server in the future (just change
rt.domain.com to point to the new address).

Just some food for thought...

Trevor Sky Garside
<trevor at trevorsky.com>