[rt-users] mod_perl eating resources

Martin Schapendonk martin at schapendonk.org
Mon Aug 20 10:54:01 EDT 2001

On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Vivek Khera wrote:
# You're confusing non-RSS with shared memory.  Determining the amount
# of memory that is shared is difficult, and is highly system
# dependent.  The RSS number only indicates the resident set size (ie,
# RAM used) which can include shared memory.  The rest of the process
# size is some backing store, either the file system or swap.

OK, I thought that -roughly speaking- the size minus the resident set
size was the shared memory, at least for Linux. But I might be mistaken.

Martin

--
  Martin Schapendonk, martin at schapendonk.org, Phone: +31 (0)6 55770237
  Student Information Systems and Management at Tilburg University