[rt-users] Search results not showing in RT 2.0.0

Harald Wagener hwagener at fcb-wilkens.com
Mon Aug 20 12:19:24 EDT 2001

Hello all,

in the effort of localizing RT to the german language, I managed to break
the displaying of search results. In fact, the listing of search results
keeps showing no matches, although the Quicksearch listing shows open and
new tickets.

I tried moving the directory /opt/rt2/local/WebRT/html/Search out of the
way, which did not improve the situation. So it seems I mangled config.pm,
where I had to change some WebOptions to have the web interface speak
german to me. The relevant changes are seen below.

I hope someone else will see what I did wrong since I can't quite concentrate
after a day of translating RT Mason Elements and skeleton html files.

TIA,
	Harald

----the WebOptions part of my config.pm----
 #This is from tobias' prototype web search UI. it may stay and it may go.
%WebOptions=
    (
     # This is for putting in more user-actions at the Transaction
     # bar.  I will typically add "Enter bug in Bugzilla" here.:
     ExtraTransactionActions => sub { return ""; },

     # Here you can modify the list view.  Be aware that the web
     # interface might crash if TicketAttribute is wrongly set.
     # Consult the docs (if somebody is going to write them?) your
     # local RT hacker or eventually the rt-users / rt-devel
     # mailinglists
     QueueListingCols =>
      [
       { Header     => 'Id',
         TicketLink => 1,
         TicketAttribute => 'Id'
         },

      { Header     => 'Betreff',
         TicketAttribute => 'Subject'
         },
       { Header => 'Anfrage von',
         TicketAttribute => 'RequestorsAsString'
         },
       { Header => 'Status',
         TicketAttribute => 'Status'
         },

       { Header => 'Queue',
         TicketAttribute => 'QueueObj->Name'
         },

       { Header => 'Letzter Kontakt',
         TicketAttribute => 'LongSinceToldAsString'
         },

       { Header => 'Alter',
         TicketAttribute => 'AgeAsString'
         },

       { Header => 'Letzter Vorgang',
         TicketAttribute => 'LongSinceUpdateAsString'
         },

       # TODO: It would be nice with a link here to the Owner and all
       # other request owned by this Owner.
       { Header => 'Verantwortlich',
         TicketAttribute => 'OwnerObj->Name'
       },

       { Header     => 'Übernehmen',
         TicketLink => 1,
         Constant   => 'Take',
         ExtraLinks => '&Action=Take'
         },

      ]
     );

# }}}

--
Harald Wagener      |                                Systemadministrator
FCB/Wilkens GmbH    |                              Tel.:+49-40-2881-1252