[rt-users] Including a local file with OnCreate?

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Tue Dec 4 05:20:49 EST 2001

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Scott A. McIntyre wrote:

> For example, say that I wanted RT to send out a virus alert message to
> notify someone that they're infected with a particular computer virus.

You're more wanting to use RT as a record keeper of notification alerts.
I wouldn't use RT to send the outgoing notification, but format the
message like:

	Create RT ticket and get ticket number.  Set the queue to be the
		general virus warning one.
	Send outgoing notification, quoting ticket number in Subject and
		ensuring the 'from' and 'reply-to' is the RT system.
	Copy outgoing notification to RT.
	Change the requestor on the ticket number to be the address you
		sent the notification to.

Standard RT will do the trick, no need for a modified mailgate.

                                                                        NCC
                                                                 Operations