[rt-users] Mod_ssl and RT2? Possibly off-topic...

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Thu Dec 6 16:24:05 EST 2001

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 03:08:58PM -0600, Christian Gilmore wrote:
> I continue to struggle with a mod_ssl-enabled RT2 (2.0.9) occasionally
> having connection troubles with internet explorer browsers (netscape here
> works fine). I've finally set my mod_ssl error level to debug, but I
> wonder if anyone has made progress on this problem?

Do you have your apache configured to force IE to http/1.0, per the default
apache config files? IE's HTTP/1.1 implementation gets really wacky
with regard to things like keep-alives.  In other situations (unrelated to RT)
I've had no end to trouble dealing with servinng secure content to users
running IE :/

> It wasn't so bad in earlier versions of RT2, but now that everything
> appears to be no-cache, forms that fail submission because of connection
> issues now have to be re-filled for another attempt. On a secondary note,
> would it be possible to pick and choose what content has the no-cache
> header(s) and what do not?

That would actually be rather difficult to pull off. What content _do_ you
want to cache?