[rt-users] POST/GET errors when using RT

Thorsten Sturm thorsten.sturm at gentleware.de
Thu Dec 13 04:44:27 EST 2001

Hi,

it took me quite some time to get the configuration of RT as I needed
it. Except for 2 issues, it now works fine for me. But these two issues
are really annoying.

First, there are a whole lot of POST/GET error messages coming up. Lots
of clicks end up in an error page, that looks like coming from apache to
me, saying that there is a "Proxy Error" and "The proxy server could not
handle the request GET /rt2/NoAuth/webrt.css.". Reason stated is
"Document contains no data". Pressing the back button on my browser gets
me to the page I called. Sometimes, pressing "Back" has to be redone
several times.

Second, I still can't go to all those pages called "index.html"
directly. Doing any action, that would go to one of these pages only
shows me the content of the directory the page comes from. Clicking on
the index.html entry brings me to the desired page, but all parameters
are lost. This is really annoying. I'm sure that there is something
wrong either in my apache or RT configuration, but I can't figure out,
what it is.

My configuration is Mandrake 7.2, Perl 5.6.0,  Apache 1.3.14, RT 2.0.8

httpd.conf:

 ProxyPass              /perl/ http://127.0.0.1:8200/
 ProxyPass              /rt2/ http://127.0.0.1:8200/rt2/
 ProxyPass              /rt2 http://127.0.0.1:8200/rt2/
 ProxyPassReverse       /perl/ http://127.0.0.1:8200/
 ProxyPassReverse       /rt2/ http://127.0.0.1:8200/rt2/
 ProxyPassReverse       /rt2 http://127.0.0.1:8200/rt2/

httpd-perl.conf:

    Alias /icons/ /var/www/icons/
    Alias /rt2 /opt/rt2/WebRT/html
    PerlModule Apache::DBI
    PerlFreshRestart On
    PerlRequire /opt/rt2/bin/webmux.pl
    <Location /rt2>
        DirectoryIndex index.html
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler RT::Mason
        Options +Indexes
    </Location>

Several locations of "Options +Indexes" and "DirectoryIndex index.html"
have been tested, but none of them worked.

Please help. I really like using RT , but these problem drive me crazy.

Thanks,

Thorsten