[rt-users] POST/GET errors when using RT

Jay Kramer jay at mojomole.com
Fri Dec 14 10:39:44 EST 2001

> First, there are a whole lot of POST/GET error messages coming up. Lots
> of clicks end up in an error page, that looks like coming from apache to
> me, saying that there is a "Proxy Error" and "The proxy server could not
> handle the request GET /rt2/NoAuth/webrt.css.". Reason stated is
> "Document contains no data". Pressing the back button on my browser gets
> me to the page I called. Sometimes, pressing "Back" has to be redone
> several times.

    I have a feeling this is due to the segfault problem that has plauged
prebuilt RPM installs of Apache when used with RT..  To the best of my
knowledge, noone has tracked down the issue completely, other than compiling
apache, perl, modperl, etc from source.  This seems to solve that problem.

> Second, I still can't go to all those pages called "index.html"
> directly. Doing any action, that would go to one of these pages only
> shows me the content of the directory the page comes from. Clicking on
> the index.html entry brings me to the desired page, but all parameters
> are lost. This is really annoying. I'm sure that there is something
> wrong either in my apache or RT configuration, but I can't figure out,
> what it is.

    This problem seems to be with the indexing directives in your apache
configuration..  If you have mod_dir enabled make sure you have a line
similar to the following in your httpd.conf file..  ps, note the presence of
index.html...

DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.php index.php3

Jay Kramer

> My configuration is Mandrake 7.2, Perl 5.6.0,  Apache 1.3.14, RT 2.0.8
>
> httpd.conf:
>
>  ProxyPass              /perl/ http://127.0.0.1:8200/
>  ProxyPass              /rt2/ http://127.0.0.1:8200/rt2/
>  ProxyPass              /rt2 http://127.0.0.1:8200/rt2/
>  ProxyPassReverse       /perl/ http://127.0.0.1:8200/
>  ProxyPassReverse       /rt2/ http://127.0.0.1:8200/rt2/
>  ProxyPassReverse       /rt2 http://127.0.0.1:8200/rt2/
>
> httpd-perl.conf:
>
>     Alias /icons/ /var/www/icons/
>     Alias /rt2 /opt/rt2/WebRT/html
>     PerlModule Apache::DBI
>     PerlFreshRestart On
>     PerlRequire /opt/rt2/bin/webmux.pl
>     <Location /rt2>
>         DirectoryIndex index.html
>         SetHandler perl-script
>         PerlHandler RT::Mason
>         Options +Indexes
>     </Location>
>
> Several locations of "Options +Indexes" and "DirectoryIndex index.html"
> have been tested, but none of them worked.
>
> Please help. I really like using RT , but these problem drive me crazy.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Thorsten
> ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿë·û¬z»&j)bz
b²Úíþë
®ÏåSËlýû
"÷(sm§ÿÿ-+-³÷ìrOÜ¢oæj)fjåSËbú?®ßî±êì