[rt-users] Internal Server Error HTML Mason

GWLeong at lbl.gov GWLeong at lbl.gov
Thu Dec 13 19:43:40 EST 2001

Hi,

I'm a new user. I just tried installing RT on RedHat Linux 7.2.

I combed through all the documentation several times. From recompiling
Apache with mod_perl statically to installing all the necessary perl
modules manually and with CPAN, I was able to get "designated" complete
install.  However, I ran into a couple of problems that some have been
noted in previous installations.  (the problems may be more to do with
configuration b/c the "install" may have been deemed successful) One
problem involved the Apache/DBI error of not being found by mod_perl in
@INC; I have since resolved that issue by installing the Apache::DBI
module through CPAN.

The second problem which I am dealing at current is the Internal Server
Error I am receiving when I go through the Web Browser.  I have done
some troubleshooting.  Apparently, the Web Brower gives me the HTML
coding under /rt2/Webrt/html diretory in text format when I comment out
the following line:

SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler RT::Mason

It is just html text.  However, when uncomment these line (allowing it
to be read), I receive an the following error by Apache:

Internal Server Error

unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root at localhost and inform them
of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that
may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error
log.
So I suspect it may have something to do with the RT::Mason module,
though I'm uncertain.  I looked at the httpd error, and the only error I
have is :

[Thu Dec 13 16:28:11 2001] [error] Can't write to
'/var/log/rt2/rt.log.3565.0': Permission denied at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/Log/Dispatch/File.pm line 68.
Any help would be appreciated.  I feel that I'm very close to getting
this ticketing system working.

Gary