[rt-users] Estimated time to install?

Dave Hull dphull at insipid.com
Sat Dec 15 22:36:56 EST 2001

On Sat, 15 Dec 2001, Jim Archer wrote:

> Could someone please give me an estimate of the number of hours required to
> install RT (for someone who is familiar with Perl and Apache and Linux) on
> a Debian machine?

I just went through the setup process a couple of weeks ago. I've been
administering Linux boxes for 8 years or so. And I've done a fair amount
of Perl programming and module installations.

Given all that, it took me maybe 3 hours to get everying installed on an
existing Linux box to the point where I could actually log in via the web
interface. Since that time I've probably spent another three hours taking
care of little things that I didn't catch in the install doc.

It's been worth the time.

Dave Hull
http://insipid.com
---
Doubt is a pain too lonely to know that faith is his twin brother.
- Kahlil Gibran