[rt-users] RT 2.09 search and other time-outs

smcdonald at pacbrands.com.au smcdonald at pacbrands.com.au
Sun Dec 16 19:45:54 EST 2001

Hi RT users,

We have RT 2.09 setup to manage a small IT dept's issues. Access is from IE 5.5
and 5.0 running on NT. Proxy is bypassed. I have found two problems after using
the system for 2-3 weeks:

1) When searching or building searches for tickets we frequently get the
following standard IE error message. This message also sometimes appears on
logout. Hitting refresh a few times usually fixes the problem. It is strange
that I don't see this error anywhere else in the package. If it occurred say
every 10-50 page displays I would tend to think it was our network but the fact
that it only happens when searching or on logout points to a combination of RT
and our setup.

     The page cannot be displayed
     The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might
     be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your
     browser settings.

     Please try the following:
     Click the  Refresh button, or try again later.
     If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is
     spelled correctly.

     To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click
     Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings
     should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator
     or Internet service provider (ISP).
     If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine
      your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
     If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
     click  Detect Network Settings
     Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and
     then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you
     have installed.
     If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings
     can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On
     the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL
      2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
     Click the  Back button to try another link.

     Cannot find server or DNS Error
     Internet Explorer

2) Style sheets not being provided fast enough caused browser errors. This was
fixed by a hack we found in the news group. It would be good to have this as a
config option.

Thanks in advance...