[rt-users] RT 2.09 search and other time-outs

Cris Bailiff c.bailiff at awayweb.com
Sun Dec 16 22:14:28 EST 2001

Hi 'smcdonald' (sorry, no other name I could find in your posting)...

Are you using SSL (https) for access your RT server? This warning is a typical
symptom of the various different ssl keepalive and shutdown bugs in many common
versions of IE. You can work around these by carefully reading the FAQ at
www.modssl.org - some default mod_ssl configs come with the correct settings, but
it depends on your vendor (or self-build choices). I often see the bug appear on
POST pages, and less often with GET - this I can't explain....

Even if you're not using SSL, you should check the apache error_log at the time
this happens, and see if apache or Mason noticed the problem.

When you get desparate, ethereal is your friends (www.ethereal.org) - a full
packet capture can usually point the blame directly at the culprit.

Cris