[rt-users] [rt-announce] RT 2.0.10

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon Dec 24 19:33:53 EST 2001

I've just released RT 2.0.10. Among other things, it should be MUCH faster on postgres-based
RT installs with, say, greater than 5000 tickets.

	I hope everyone is having a great holiday season,

	Jesse

RT 2.0.10 release notes
-----------------------

Dependencies

	Bumped DBIx::SearchBuilder dependency to 0.48

	Moved us up to a mason 1.02 dependency (Removed code to special
	case for bugs in mason < 1.01)

Installation

	Some stylistic cleanups to the Makefile from blair.

	Cleaned up a template to display Ticket subject, if no transaction
	subject is given.

CLI

	rtadmin had some issues where it would assume a 'name' if called
	without --name for user group and queue editing.

	bin/rt:
		added support for --version, fixed --status = !closed,
		documented --merge-into fixed typos that stopped
		--limit-subject --limit-requestors and --limit-body from
		working fix for setting priority when creating tickets

Web UI

	Fixed an unclosed anchor which caused IE to render ticket
	listings wrong.

	Reordered the order that Basics actions are committed, so that
	Queue changes come after other changes, so that users don't move
	tickets out of a queue before they have a chance to update them.

	Some small UI cleanups from Hakke

	In searches, Priority can now have = and != searches

	From the ticket update page, we now pass in ticket Id, so that
	"owner" will show users who only have rights to that ticket.

	"Logout" no longer shows up when using external authentication
	with the SelfService web ui

Mail gateway

	Added support for --ticket-id-from-extension to rt-mailgate. With
	this new flag, you can send mail to rt+<ticketid>@domain

Core

	Ticket listings will no longer show tickets which have been
	merged into others.

	We now prevent users from futzing with Nobody or RT_System,

	Standardised on "Permission Denied" instead of having some
	"Permission denied". Thanks, Simon.

	Addition to Ticket->Import, so you can set owner by name.

	Fix for a bug in Ticket->AddWatcher that would let privileged
	watchers without email addresses add others as watchers.

	For postgres, We now default to case sensitive searches, rather
	than case-insensitive ones.  (This should speed up Pg a LOT. We
	specifically do case-insensitive searching for the 13 attributes
	that matter:

		Watcher->Email User->name User->Email User->Gecos
		Ticket->Subject Queue->Name KeywordSelect->Name
		Keyword->Name ObjectKeyword->Name Attachment->Subject
		Attachment->Content Attachment->Headers

	Cleaned up seph's patch for null email address users. this
	enabled me to actually really properly support users with no
	email address, which meant there were a couple other cleanups
	to go through too.

	Added checks to make sure that duplicate watchers aren't created.

	FinalPriority should no-longer get set to null if a ticket
	doesn't have the attribute set on create

	Untake's arguments were debognifed