[rt-users] Ticket dependency actions

Alvise Nobile alvi at ictp.trieste.it
Fri Dec 28 12:22:25 EST 2001

New user. I apologize if answer is well known.
Is there any way of :
1) moving a ticket to a specific (stalled?) state when it is declared
   to be dependent from another one?
   Note: maybe 'stalled' is not the right state, because the fact that it
         depends from another one does not imply that no work is being
         done on it. A separate state? "open-waiting", that could move to
         "stalled-waiting" when no independent work is done any longer
         on the dependent ticket, until the one on which it depends
         is solved?
   Note 2 Desirable: simplified dependency interface: the owner of a
          ticket should be able to issue an update of the form 'depends
          from other ticket', suboption 'create new ticket'/'select among
          open tickets'.

2) most important, when a ticket is closed, all the dependent tickets
   should move to 'open' state again; or anyhow their owners should be
   notified automatically.
   Is there a way of achieving that?

3) What's the intended relation between the various types of dependency:
   depend-parent/children-refers? I've not found very much in the
   documentation

Best regars
Alvise Nobile

Alvise Nobile,		    Scientific Computing Section
The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics
Address: str. Costiera 11, I-34100 Trieste, Italy
Tel: +39-040-2240-391       Fax: +39-040-224163/224559