[rt-users] Replying to email from outside of RT

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Wed Feb 28 13:54:21 EST 2001

On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 09:01:00AM -0800, Grant Miller wrote:
> 4. The owner of the ticket gets the response from the requestor in email. [1]
>
> 5. The owner replys to the email they get from RT that has the requestors
> response in it from their email program (not RT).
>
> 6. This message goes back to RT, but is not sent to the requestor.
>
> Should Request Tracker send mail back to the requestor in step #5, #6?

That's the 'right' thing if they're sending to a 'comment' alias, but is
flat out wrong if it's a 'correspond' alias.  Any mail sent to a correspond
alias should be forwarded to the requestor unless RT can determine that the
mail came _from_ the requestor.

> I know that I should probably just use the RT interface for sending all
> correspondence, but when you get correspondence from the requestor in email,
> it is much easier to reply right there.

Actually, I prefer to work by mail when answering support mail..
But for bugs and projects, I use the web.

jesse reed vincent -- root at eruditorum.org -- jesse at fsck.com

pretty soon we're going to HAVE to have hypertext mail!
				--Tim Berners Lee. (8 Jan 1993 on www-talk)