[rt-users] Help... moved RT and now lost message bodies!

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Thu Jul 5 21:11:33 EDT 2001

On Friday, July 06, 2001 11:07:34 +1000, Teo de Hesselle
<teo.dehesselle at uts.edu.au> wrote:
+-----
| Oddly, some of them appear to be working now... in some cases one out of 5
| transactions are appearing, whilst the others (in the same ticket!) are
| not.
|
| There doesn't seem to be a correlation between tickets before the move and
| tickets after the move, which makes it all the more frustrating.
+--->8

That sounds like whatever you did to transfer the database generated new
autoincrement sequence numbers --- which would pretty well break things
because the ones in each_req and transactions are what tie everything
together.

I'd re-dump the old RT installation with mysqldump and reload it.

brandon s. allbery     [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]   allbery at kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator        [WAY too many hats]         allbery at ece.cmu.edu
electrical and computer engineering                                   KF8NH
carnegie mellon university     ["better check the oblivious first" -ke6sls]