[rt-users] Performance problems

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Sat Jul 14 20:40:29 EDT 2001

I'd look first to the amount of ram you have in that box. Assuming
Unix/Linux, run top or it's equivalent and see how much swap your system is
using. If it's using any swap consistently, then you need more ram.

Also look at the load numbers provided by top. If they are over 1, then you
need a better hardware. More memory should help, but a faster processor
might be in order as well.

At 02:12 AM 7/15/2001 +0200, Manuel Linsmayer wrote:
> > What kind of hardware are you running?
>
>400 MHz CPU with 64 MB RAM.
>
>I can't believe that this isn't enough for RT2. Four seconds to process
>a request is not acceptable, not even on that old hardware.

Russ Johnson
Stargate Online

http://www.dimstar.net
telnet://telnet.dimstar.net