[rt-users] RT (new installation) works fine - but never sends any email out

kic at gmx.de kic at gmx.de
Mon Jul 23 15:48:46 EDT 2001

Hello to you all,

I have a problem which I cannot solve without your help:

I installed the current release of RT2 (2.0.1) here on my linux machine. It
works perfectly in all respects (I can create tickets, users, receive new
tickets via email...). The only thing driving me crazy is:

RT *never* sends any emails to anybody. I am using exim which is linked to
sendmail, but exim is not even touched by RT (its log files do not change at
all). Log::Dispatch compiled fine before and the test-mail went through, so it
cannot be that.

Do I have to enable special rights to anyone for sending out mails? I
thought, every ticket which is "reply"ed will generate an email to the requestor
(except if it is the same address as the one replying). But I tried it out with
many different addresses. Nothing ever went out.

Please help me, I reinstalled twice with no better luck...
Thanks a lot,
Torben

http://www.gmx.net

GMX Tipp:

Machen Sie Ihr Hobby zu Geld bei unserem Partner 1&1!
http://profiseller.de/info/index.php3?ac=OM.PS.PS003K00596T0409a