[rt-users] Problem using squelch_replies in rt 1.0.7

Kyle Lanclos lanclos at ucolick.org
Tue Jul 24 18:02:35 EDT 2001

I've tried to figure out how to use the squelch_replies variable as best
I can by looking at the perl in:

lib/rt/ui/mail/manipulate.pm

...but I can't seem to get it right. If I have an established ticket, and
I send e-mail to my RT mail alias with the correct [identifier #num], a
copy of that e-mail is sent to the "requestor" of the ticket. I don't want
that to happen.

I've made the following changes (sorry these aren't diffs):

 elsif ($in_action eq 'correspond') {

      #If we're creating a new ticket
      if (!$serial_num) {
          # no auto-reply on ticket creation.
          $squelch_replies = 1;

...and...:

 #If we're corresponding on an existing ticket
      else {
          #If the user isn't a requestor, notify the requestor
          #knock that off!
          $squelch_replies = 1;

Am I missing something here, or is there something else I have to do in order
to disable the behavior I described above? The first modification I made
works; the second one has no noticeable effect.

Even if I comment out the following line:

   $notify_requestor = (&rt::is_not_a_requestor($current_user,
                                                       $serial_num));

...the mail still gets sent out.

This is very frustrating for me, as, to all appearances, I'm in the right
area to make this modification. Can anyone help?

Thanks much,

--Kyle
UCO/Lick NICS