[rt-users] Problems with PostgreSQL

Damian Gerow damian at sentex.ca
Tue Jun 19 20:00:51 EDT 2001

I've got a small problem when installing RT-1-3-104 on a PostgreSQL
database.

Just installing PostgreSQL (no config), I couldn't contact the database.
Fine.  Find the config file, tell PostgreSQL to use tcpip sockets.

Now, when installing RT, it just hangs at "Creating Pg database for rt2.",
right after asking me for the postgres user password.  Has anyone come
across this?

Note: when I installed DBD:Pg, it wanted the user "pg", and not "postgres".
I played for a half hour trying to get it to use postgres, but couldn't, so
just forced an install.  Could this have caused a problem?