[rt-users] Problems with RT2 and mail gateway (continuation)

Gerd Nienhaus Gerd.Nienhaus at orthogon.de
Fri Jun 22 04:16:47 EDT 2001

Good morning Harald !

> >Mail Delivery Subsystem wrote:
> >
> > The original message was received at Fri, 22 Jun 2001 09:09:05 +0200
> > from [170.200.66.15]
> >
> >    ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
> > |"/opt/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue edv --action correspond"
> >     (reason: 255)
> >     (expanded from: <edv at ganymed.truenorth.com>)
> >
> >    ----- Transcript of session follows -----
> > Can't do setuid
> > 554 5.3.0 |"/opt/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue edv --action correspond"... unknown mailer error 255

I had the same problem, and this is what I found 'somewhere' ;-) in the
internet :) :

Can't do setuid

(F) This typically means that ordinary perl tried to exec suidperl to do
setuid
emulation, but couldn't exec it.
It looks for a name of the form sperl5.000 in the same directory that
the perl
executable resides under the name perl5.000, typically /usr/local/bin on
Unix
machines. If the file is there, check the execute permissions.
If it isn't, ask your sysadmin why he and/or she removed it.

I had to do the following...

	chmod u+s /usr/bin/sperl5.6.0

and the problem was gone :) !

Maybe that helps ?

Regards from Germany and...

Gerd.

--
|     Orthogon GmbH, Hastedter Osterdeich 222, D-28207 Bremen     |

ORTHOGON and ODS Toolbox are registered trademarks of Orthogon GmbH