[rt-users] Looking for a patch to 1.0.7

Lorens Kockum rt-id-45 at lists.lorens.org
Tue Mar 6 10:14:02 EST 2001

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some 1.0.7 patches to make my life easier...
I know this is very probably treated in RT2, but if RT2 was
production quality, it would be released, right ;-)

The major problem I have is to see that I only get one ticket
per contract/user/whatever.  I'll have a lot of tickets not
associated with a contract/user/whatever, but if one is, I want
only that one.  So, essentially, to a free-form string, if
necessary just a number, I want to associate one and only one
ticket.  Just as we have the box field in which we can enter a
ticket number and go to the corresponding ticket, so do I want
a box in which I can enter my free-form string and go to the
corresponding ticket.  I don't like the idea of using the ticket
subject, since that's the mail subject, but I'm thinking of it.

That would be enough for my immediate needs; of course it would
be nicer if, for example, when there is no corresponding ticket,
one is created for the free-form string in question; if that is
the only way to create a liason between ticket and free-form
string that means that uniqueness is easily ensured, and that
operators will have a minimum of hoops to jump through.

Does anyone have such a patch somewhere?  Any pointers,
something to get me started?  No problem if some hacking at the
code is needed, I'd do the whole thing myself, it's simply that
I haven't yet dared to muck around too much in the code...