[rt-users] Newbe, root getting copied on communications

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Tue Mar 6 15:10:58 EST 2001

On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 04:54:34AM -0800, Medi Montaseri wrote:
> The email interface was indeed the compeling reason why I selectred RT.
> However it would be nice to have a web view for the requester where
> they can come by and view status on their ticket. Similar to career services
> where customer can see progress of their work.

A web interface for requestors is one of the new things coming in 2.0.

> Also while we are at this, another question I posted along with this post
> had to do with certain bounced messages to anonymous at sc.prepass.com and
> exessive email copy to root at localhost.samba.sc.prepass.com. Looking into
> the database, it looks like "user.MYD" contain root as a user and I had
> cheched the Queue's property to send email to everyone. This has come about
> due my multiple attempts to install RT and resedues of previous attempts are

Go in via the web ui and change root's email address from 'root at localhost'
to ''

jesse reed vincent -- root at eruditorum.org -- jesse at fsck.com

I think co-ordinating 1000 prima donnas living all over the world will be as
easy as herding cats..." -- Andy Tanenbaum on the linux development model, 1992