[rt-users] rt-mailgate and fetchmail

Jay Janssen jay at cfoknows.com
Thu Mar 8 13:43:57 EST 2001

Hello,
	I'm in the process of trying to get RT up and running for our company.  I've got the web side no problem, but the mail handling is stumping me.  We use our ISP's pop server, so I configured fetchmail like this:

poll mail.netacc.net proto pop3:
username cfojay password ******** mda "/home/rt/bin/rt-mailgate sct correspond"

"sct" is a queue that I set up via the admin-webrt.cgi.

I'm running the fetchmail command manually (to test it) and it seems to fetch the mail I send without any problems, but nothing seems to happen.  The fetchmail doesn't give any errors, but the message is just gone.  I'm guessing that there's some kind of error with the rt-mailgate command, but I can't seem to find any place that would be.   I've tried reinstalling, running a 'make fixperms' (or whatever it's called) to no avail.  The 'sct' queue is configured to allow non-members to create requests.

Any ideas?  Is there any reason that rt-mailgate would silently discard a message?  Is there a way to run some kind of diagnostics or at least a "-v"?  Thanks for your help.

--
Jay Janssen                                1159 Pittsford-Victor Road
CFOknows, LLC                              Building 5, Suite 245