[rt-users] MySQL crash/slowdown, RT transactions lost.

Kyrian kyrian at ore.org
Fri Mar 16 11:08:19 EST 2001

Hiya,

System details:-
RT Version: Welcome to Request Tracker 1.0.1
MySQL server version: 3.23.27-beta-log
Machine Details: Linux 2.2.18 #1 SMP Tue Feb 13 13:28:59 GMT 2001 i686
unknown
Perl Version: Summary of my perl5 (5.0 patchlevel 4 subversion 4)
configuration... [ it's irrelevant anyway! ]
Patches installed: StripMime.

We have RT running as per above, but the other day our mysqld.log file
got to 2GB, and MySQL ground to a halt.

I've done an isamchk on the tables which RT uses, and they all came back
fine, and all the transaction data from RT is in place, and yet when I
look at - I think all - old RT requests I don't see the transaction data
listed in the history list for the requests, but when I go and look at
the filesystem level, the files are there, and when I look at the MySQL
database, I see the data in there which looks correct by comparison with
working requests.

A 'make fixperms' in the source directory does not fix this and get the
transactions back into the front end. Obviously we would like to make
this happen and get the data back into the frontend.

Any help you could give would be much appreciated.

Yours,

Kev.

--
Kev Green, aka Kyrian.   Email: kyrian at ore.org   Web: