[rt-users] Having stripmime put a clickable link

Lorens Kockum rt-id-45 at lists.lorens.org
Tue Mar 20 07:09:22 EST 2001

(Hesitated between rt-user and rt-devel, decided that RT1
belongs on rt-users... that right?)

I just installed stripmime, and I'm a bit disappointed that I
don't get a clickable link in the web ui.

First off, I modified the script to only put the first
attachment in-line (if it's text), since I expect large text
attachments that I don't want in the interface. That was a
breeze.

Than I modified the stripmime script to output a HTML HREF
instead of just the plaintext URL (should have realized it
wasn't that simple) and saw that the output is HTML-sanitized,
which was to be expected, after all.

I'm quite concerned about not having problems with malicious or
bizarre mails wreaking havoc in my interface, so I'm certainly
not going to remove what protection I have against that, but I
do want clickable links too.

Any way? Maybe after the sanitation is done I could sed
the output looking for the distinctive (text) link to
https://myhost/stripmime/, or even with a custom unusual token
that I'd make stripmime output? Anybody done that (where is the
sanitation done?), or have another idea?

Apologies if this has been discussed before.

--
#include <std_disclaim.h>                          Lorens Kockum