[rt-users] Mason not working?

Toby Wahlers toby at vidiom.com
Wed Nov 7 21:11:09 EST 2001

I have tried about every possible permutation of the apache config files,
but I have only gotten rt to work with the default VirtualHost setup (which
I don't want).  Mostly I get the index page as source text with a Go!
button, but with other (mis)configurations I've gotten malformed header
messages. I'm running Mandrake Linux, which by default has 2 apache servers
running, one of them a perl proxy. I've looked at all the list archives,
and a few people have had the same problem, though with different
configurations.  I want a subdirectory configuration and need to use an
alternate port, e.g. http://www.myserver.com:81/rt2/, and would like it to
work with my current dual server config.  Apache has 3 config files,
httpd.conf, commonhttpd.conf, and httpd-perl.conf. I have the Alias in
commonhttpd.conf, 'cause that's where it wants to be. I have added
ProxyPass to the httpd.conf, and have tried <Directory> or <Location>
setups in all 3 config files, nothing seems to help.  Any ideas?

Also, the manual and list says that you must stop and start apache after
changes, not restart.  This is true if using apachectl or a HUP.  But many
apache's start with an /etc/init.d script, whose "restart" is simply "stop"
then "start", so I assume this should work fine.

--
TW