[rt-users] bad rfc822 field name?

matt carter matt at iseek.com.au
Wed Nov 14 21:07:38 EST 2001

Why would a \n get wacked in the middle of the subject line?

the offending portion is.

... at /opt/local/packages/rt2/lib/RT/Template.pm line 255

  if ($headers) {
    foreach $header (split(/\n/,$headers)) {
      (my $key, my $value) = (split(/: /,$header,2));
      chomp $key;
      chomp $value;
      $self->{'MIMEObj'}->head->fold_length($key,10000);
>>    $self->{'MIMEObj'}->head->add($key, $value);
    }
  }

so this is consistent with what you are saying.

how do i get around this? shouldn't we be checking for the presence of :
before we just go and assume that the line is part of the header and split
on : ?

--matt