[rt-users] Re: ticket number sequences

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Wed Nov 21 13:06:26 EST 2001

So, a hack to do multiple sequences like that would hurt rather a lot.
A possible solution that might not suck quite as badly from a mantainability
perspective is to have a "translator" that sits between the mail gateway
and maps old ticket ids to new RT2 ticket ids. (perhaps using RT's relationships functionality and defining an OldTicket RefersTo new ticket mapping.)  Over
time, as old tickets got dealt with, things would move gracefully into the
new system, with less hacking to RT, which would mean fewer hassles for you
long term ;)

For the password issue, if you end up with multiple RT instances, you might
just want to configure RT to use external authentication and set up HTTP auth
for all of your RT instances against the same password database....

Does that make sense?

	Jesse