[fwd] Re: [rt-users] [fwd] Multiple instances of rt2 under one apache server.

Adam R Prato arp-rt2 at metachar.net
Thu Oct 11 01:40:31 EDT 2001

> each of these apache configurations have a very typical instance of rt
> configured:
>
> <VirtualHost X.X.X.15>
>     DocumentRoot /proj/request
>     ServerName request.domain.com
>         PerlModule Apache::DBI
>         PerlFreshRestart On
>         SetHandler perl-script
>     <Directory />
>         Order deny,allow
>         Deny from all
>         Allow from X.X.*,Y.Y.*,Z.Z.*
>     </Directory>
>     <Location /INSTANCE>
>         PerlHandler RT::Mason
>         PerlRequire /proj/request/INSTANCE/bin/webmux.pl
>         AuthName "Request System Authentication"
>         AuthType Basic
>         PerlSetVar myPDC PDC
>         PerlSetVar myBDC BDC
>         PerlSetVar myDOMAIN DOMAIN
>         PerlAuthenHandler Apache::AuthenSmb
>         require valid-user
>     </Location>
> </VirtualHost>

Question.

Do you think it would be possible to move rt.jpg out of / and into /NoAuth?
The reason I ask is because for some reason, the rt.jpg causes me to have
to type in the login/password twice in this configuration. First for the main
index.html, and then a second time for rt.jpg. If it moves to /NoAuth, I can
put a separate <Location> container that doesnt require any authentication,
which will fix this.

Or perhaps, the better answer is to cache the credentials better?

Comments?

Adam