[rt-users] Tying a request to an internal reference.

Scott A. McIntyre scott at xs4all.nl
Wed Oct 17 14:08:57 EDT 2001

Hi,

I was looking for a way to have RT2 associate a particular ticket with an
internal reference value, such as a computer name, a username, and then be
able to search for that internal reference value to find other tickets
associated with it.

For example, trouble tickets / requests which refer to a particular web
server -- helpdesk opens a ticket complaining of speed problems, it gets
solved, a week later another ticket comes along, same server, different
customer complaining though.  I'd like to be able to search on the hostname
and easily see all associated tickets, open or closed.

The closest thing that seems to almost be there now for what I'm after is
the Relationships; but there isn't (yet) a way to search/query based upon
relationships, plus they're more geared towards ticket-number relationships,
rather than relationships to people or other reference values.

I've looked through the list-archives and various contribs/patches to RT2,
but I haven't found a way to do this yet...any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott