[rt-users] More than one database no the same machine?

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker levitte at stacken.kth.se
Wed Oct 17 16:01:20 EDT 2001

Hello,

I started playing with RT since yesterday, with the intent to support
two different (for starters) ticket databases and web interfaces.  The
reasons are many, the two strongest being that the two databases
belong to widely different "domains", and that the web interface will
be customized differently for each of them.

Looking at the RT installation on my laptop (for testing purposes), it
looks like the files in rt2/bin and rt2/etc could simply be copied to
different directories, have the two "use lib" lines in the scripts be
replaced with whatever is appropriate for each of those directories,
change each config.pm and I would be set.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a little bit of trouble with
webmux.pl, or rather, with the fact that Apache can't have different
(or so it seems when I tested it) PerlRequire for different locations,
and since webmux.pl has those darned "use lib" lines, I'm stuck with
one rt2/ root and one only.

A few ideas on how to solve this could be to make webmux.pl sensitive
to the query path, or to have config.pm contain %DatabaseName instead
of $DatabaseName (and the same for other variables that depend on the
database/"domain"), indexed with the query path or parts of the query
path.  The question is how the latter would affect the command rt,
rtadmin and rt-mailgate.

Comments?  Ideas?  Has someone already done this, and how?

Richard Levitte   \ Spannvägen 38, II \ LeViMS at stacken.kth.se
Redakteur at Stacken  \ S-168 35  BROMMA  \ T: +46-8-26 52 47
                    \      SWEDEN       \ or +46-733-72 88 11
Procurator Odiosus Ex Infernis                -- poei at bofh.se
Member of the OpenSSL development team: http://www.openssl.org/
Software Engineer, GemPlus:             http://www.gemplus.com/

Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
See <http://www.stacken.kth.se/~levitte/mail/> for more info.