[rt-users] How to give a user permission for a queue

Darrin Walton darrinw at nixc.net
Wed Oct 17 17:37:49 EDT 2001

  |+ I created a user called rt thru the web interface but logging in as rt
  |+ cannot see any existing queues.

Have you granted the user the rights to view certain queues?

  |+ rt: "| /opt/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue NOC --action Correspond"
  |+
  |+ and a link to rt-mailgate was made to /etc/smrsh/. When email sent to
  |+ rt at rt2..tonbu.com, no ticket is created and got "No permission to create
  |+ tickets in the queue 'NOC'."

There is information on the docs about this.  You should look those over.

  |+ "mysql -p -u rt rt2" OR
  |+ "mysql -p -u rt mysql" and from a remote host.

well, adding a user via the web interface is different from adding a user
to your mysql access tables.

  |+ If someone can provide some poiters, I will fully appreciate your help.

Yes; you should read http://www.helgrim.com/rtdocs/.  There, it should
answer most of your questions.