[rt-users] Question about autoreply sender.

Wozz wozz+rt at wookie.net
Tue Oct 23 19:18:52 EDT 2001

On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 06:55:48PM -0400, Adam R Prato wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> I'm confused about part of the workflow regarding the queues.
>
> The way I envisioned the flow for creating a new ticket in a queue with the
> autoreply scrip
>
> - A ticket is created by a requester
> - The queue has "OnCreate Autoreply_ToRequestors with template Autoreply"
> - The autoreply is sent out from the *comment* address, to the
>   requestor, with the template as the body of the email.
> - this autoreply serves as a "receipt" that a ticket has been placed. The
>   requestor is then free to "hit reply" to the email to correspond with the
>   ticket.
>
> Unfortunately, the email address from this action is the *correspond* address
> not the comment address.
>
> Either I'm missing the idea behind correspond/comment, or I'm missing what I
> need to modify in order to get the behavior I just described.

Correspond is meant to be used anytime you are speaking with the
'customer' or the 'customer' is speaking to you.  Comment is used
to communicate internally with folks that might be working on the
ticket.  You want to be very sure to keep them seperate or you may
end up with embaressing situations with emails meant for internal
consumption getting sent to the customer.