[rt-users] Possible bug with keywords

Stuart Campbell Stuart.Campbell at cwo.com.au
Sun Sep 16 20:04:27 EDT 2001

This is very close to how I am trying to use RT.
There are different groups of people who at different times could be
responsible for responding to tickets. Generally, tickets that one group is
assigned should not be accessed by another group.
The reason I set up multiple queues is because it's not possible to apply
group rights to individual tickets, or groups of tickets within a single
queue. That is, i f a user can access one ticket in a queue, that user can
access any ticket in that queue (unless I'm missing something?)

Although keywords are configured per queue, I think logically, keywords are
more a property of tickets, since they enhance a problem/ticket description.
For a ticket to lose some of it's properties when it's moved doesnt make
sense.

Once again, I'm not trying to be critical, I'm just trying to work out how
RT works, and how it can work in my situation.

Regards,
Stuart