[rt-users] 6000 tickets system slows down and eats memory

David C. Troy dave at toad.net
Fri Sep 21 11:59:49 EDT 2001

The other thing I've been doing to keep things running smoothly is running
the following statements nightly via cron -- adapt as makes sense for you:

$dbh->do("OPTIMIZE TABLE Tickets");
print "Optimized Tickets.\n";
$dbh->do("OPTIMIZE TABLE Transactions");
print "Optimized Transactions.\n";
$dbh->do("OPTIMIZE TABLE Attachments");
print "Optimized Attachments.\n";
$dbh->do("OPTIMIZE TABLE Watchers");
print "Optimized Watchers.\n";
$dbh->do("OPTIMIZE TABLE ObjectKeywords");
print "Optimized ObjectKeywords.\nDone!\n\n";

This clears out any deleted stuff and defrags the tables too I believe.

I do this at like 3AM and it's kept things relatively clean.

Dave

David C. Troy   [dave at toad.net]                   410-544-6193 Sales
ToadNet - Want to go fast?                        410-544-1329 FAX
570 Ritchie Highway, Severna Park, MD 21146-2925  www.toad.net